Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flowers and Lucky Charms

I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise...my husband had given me flowers (my favorite - tulips). I was on cloud nine after reading his sweet note, especially after being tempted with the snooze button this morning. I was glad to have woken up!

Evan said that we should do something nice for dad since he did something nice for me and as we were both sitting there in silence thinking of something we could do, he says "well...he DOES eat a lot!" Good thinking Evan. We'll have to cook him something special today. If only I was a good cook...


No more than a minute later as I was pouring Evan's cereal, he exclaimed that he had gotten a horseshoe in his bowl (yes...it IS Lucky Charms and there's probably 20 horseshoes). He said so cheerfully that NOW he would have the power of speed today! I'm so glad that he can find joy in the little things. Then he said, "Look mom...a clover too! Now, I'm lucky!"

I was overwhelmed with happiness! I truly am the luckiest person in the whole world! I have such a wonderful family!

Since I was in such bright spirits I entered Lindsay's room with my camera so I could capture her bedhead (one of my favorite things about kids) and as I was snapping pictures, I failed to notice that Lindsay didn't have her diaper on. It was the first time in quite a while where I had let the kids go to bed without a bath and Lindsay was put to bed without her jammies on (it was a long, tiring day yesterday - hence the flowers). I still hadn't noticed until several minutes later when I patted her bum and realized there was nothing there. It truly was an easy mistake...she has so much junk in the trunk that she's just as rotund without a diaper on! After looking back at the pictures I took, I realized that I had captured her peeing...without even knowing (look closely and you can see).

Even after having to strip down her bed to wash it...I'm still in a good mood this morning! Hope you all have a GREAT day too!

From the luckiest person in the world and all of her wonderful charms (I'm refering to my family)!

Uh oh...Austin just ran up to me and said he went pee on the floor in the basement. He's been potty trained for too long to be doing that....then Lindsay turned off the computer right as I finished my post (luckily it had saved most of what I had done). It may be a long day...but at least I'm in good spirits! Hi Ho Hi Ho...it's off to work I go!

10 comments:

Borland family said...

Sounds like a great new day! Way to blog about it so that you can always remember and when those hard trying days come back, you can remember the joy of this day.

Rachel B. said...

Such a great post! What a sweet husband you have. Evan's Lucky Charm comments are hilarious. Such an upbeat little guy. And oh dear to all the pee. Good luck!

Kari Clark said...

What a sweet husband! And your kids are so stinkin' adorable! I'm going to "unintentionally" leave your post up on my computer so that Rob will see it when he gets home. Maybe he'll take a hint from Nathan.

shana said...

Wow. Good thing you started the day out with flowers. :) Such a cute little family!!

brandya said...

You are so sweet! What a beautiful, fun family you have! Thanks for sharing with us. I love the Lucky Charms story. That is the most wonderful thing about children, everything is so life changing for them, which in turn humbles us as adults! Sending love your way!

Kathleen said...

So cute, you made me smile :)

The Mattinson's said...

How sweet. I hope you guys are doing good. I need to call you and catch up on what your family has been doing. Hope your days aren't too overwhelming!!

Mollers said...

So sweet of your husband, and I was laughing out loud at Lindsey peeing. She is so cute, and I love the little dress she is wearing!

The Love Bunch said...

What a nice way to wake up. I love Evan comments about his cereal and that you took a picture of Lindsay peeing. Too funny!

Hafen Crew said...

Your Tulips are gorgeous!
I love that you caught her in the act. Too funny! I'm glad that my kids aren't the only ones that have gone to bed in their clothes a time or two!