Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time to Catch Up...Again!

Austin's 3rd Birthday.  He's trying to get his fingers to show that he's three while holding the "lucky penny" that Jaylen gave him for his birthday.  I can't believe he's three already.  Austin brings so much action to our home.  I think life could actually be boring without him.  We love your energy and spunk.  We love your sweet voice and funny laugh.  We love that you get to be a part of our family!!  Happy birthday big boy!

June 1, 2009

Thanks for the presents everyone...it's so nice to have all our family near!

This pictures makes me laugh.  Evan was asking Austin if he could play with his toys all day the day after Austin's birthday.  I guess we know now that birthdays aren't just exciting for the one having them but for their siblings too!

Just a cute picture of Lindsay.  Her aunt and uncle Eaton bought the adorable outfit and gave it to us early for her birthday so she could wear it all summer.  Thanks!  She looks so cute in it.
She may actually be crawling by her first birthday.  Here's proof that she's trying.  She seriously cracks us up.  But hey...she is rolling everywhere now (this is a big deal since she IS 10 months).  Oh Lindsay, Lindsay!  I guess you make MY life easier.  I can put you down and know that when I come back to check on you, you won't be too far away from where I put you.  haha - We love you!

So...we had our first slumber party.  Nathan built a fort in the family room and we all slept downstairs (the night before my 30th birthday - boy was I feeling it too...or is that just old age).  We put in "Finding Nemo" and ate ice cream.  I really wanted a picture when we were all in the fort but my camera somehow managed to get lost amongst all the pillows on the couch.  I didn't find it until the morning.
Do you like the ironing board?  haha.  I guess we need to buy a smaller tent.  Our family room just isn't big enough to set up our huge 8 man tent.  

I think he actually slept in until 9:00am.  Maybe we should have slumber parties more often.

Evan's first time playing T-Ball.  It's been so much fun watching him practice.  These are some pictures of his very first practice (compliments of Lacey - thanks Lacey).  

Hey Evan...are you right handed or left handed?

Got it right this time.  

Just had to put this one in because I love his little angel face!

Incoming...

I'll let you guess as to whether or not he caught it.


Shouldn't the ball be going FORWARD?  Good hit buddy!


I usually welcome the rain but a couple of months ago I was welcomed by this big wall zit.  I started freaking out and called Nathan at work and asked him what to do.  Yes...I had to pop it. 

Don't worry though.  I'm blessed to have a "construction man" as a husband.  We (or should I say he...I just acted like I was helping) found where the leak was coming from after having to cut out all the wet drywall above the window too - no...it wasn't actually coming from the window if you can believe it, fixed the leak, did a dry wall patch, mudded, sanded, mudded some more, sanded some more, retextured, and painted.  It's as good as new.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.




6 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that you used your ironing board for the fort! What a great idea! Lindsay is so cute! and so are the boys, they are all growing up so much. Zaine just started tball too. It's so funny to watch them.

maugers said...

What a huge wall zit!!! And t-ball looks so fun, I'll have to sign Alex up for that next year. Happy birthday!

shana said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. Where is the time going?? I laughed about your baby still not crawling. Alex was the same way-he rolled everywhere and really really fast. I had nightmares of him rolling around the nursery at church. Luckily he figured it out eventually!!

Hafen Crew said...

Lindsay's outfit is so cute!! I can't believe she is 10 month and that your kids are getting so grown up. Can you believe we're 30 this year? WOW!
Okay so I'm not sure I could sit there and not pop that wall zit. That thing is crazy! I'm glad he could fix it up for ya!

Kathleen said...

Oh My Goodness! I've never heard of a wall zit, but I'm glad you got it taken care of ;) Evan is getting so big, and Austen too, and Lindsay is just adorable. Love the update! Miss ya!
K

Kari Clark said...

Just so you know, Sophie refuses to crawl still! I'm not placing any bets that it will be happening before the big "1". I'm glad that she has a partner in immobility. And I, too, appreciate that I don't have to chase her all over the house. This was a super cute post! I love all the pictures - your kids are so stinkin' cute! We miss you guys, we need to get together soon!