Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So Much to Do...So Little Time


This summer has just flown by. We've been busy with softball, T-Ball, swim lessons, trips, and just plain fun! Here's a few of the highlights over the last month.

June 28, 2009

Trip to Missouri

My grandfather passed away and so we made an unexpected but wonderful trip to Missouri for his memorial. I had not been back to Missouri since I was 17. To all of you who may not know, I was born and raised in Columbia, MO and have so many fond memories of living there. I enjoyed taking my husband and family back to show them a little of where I came from and what made me who I am today!

Shelter Gardens is one of the favorite places to visit.

I can't get over how green it is. I miss the beauty of Missouri...not the bugs!

Devils Ice Box

This is a picture of Nathan and the boys inside. They didn't venture too far into the cave. We didn't have flash lights or shoes for getting wet.

Just outside the entrace to Devils Ice Box. On a hot, muggy Missouri day you could see your breath. Love it!

A trip back to Missouri wouldn't be a real trip without seeing friends. I enjoyed seeing Safire and her family and had a blast seeing Julie Jacobs (in the picture below) and her family. Julie lived down the street from me growing up. Seeing you was absolutely the highlight of my trip! I love you and your family!!! Thanks for the dinner!

We took a trip to Lake of the Ozarks and visited Bridal Caves. It was a nice break from the summer heat.


Staying at the hotel in Jefferson City is never dull when you have a group of kids. They always find something to do!


I wish I took more pictures of family and activities but I didn't. Because of my grandfather passing, all of his grandkids (my cousins) made it in to town. We hadn't ever all been together. It was so nice to meet some of them and get to know my own cousins better! Thanks grandpa for bringing us all together but we wish you could still be here! We love you and miss you grandpa!!

~~~


July 4, 2009

Grandma Lyn took everyone to the Royal Gorge this year! We had so much fun. The only bummer about the whole day was that my camera battery died. I didn't get to capture pictures of everything we did. The kids went to a petting zoo, rode a donkey, watched a shoot-out, went to jail, rode an aerial tram, rode a trolley across the bridge, and ate lunch in a shelter during a thunderstorm. It was a great day! (Julianna...send more pictures my way will you!).


They put on a fun show for everyone!

Gotta love the chair.

Swimming at the hotel pool is always a blast...especially when you have a new snorkeling mask from grandma!

Happy 4th to one and all! We love this Country!

~~~


July 23, 2009

So today was Lindsay's actual birthday. To celebrate, we went to Cold Stone and got some ice cream.


Mom...don't take of picture of me with ice cream all over my face. HELLO!

On our way home. Happy 1 Year Lindsay!

~~~

July 24, 2009

Fun in the sprinkler. What else is there to do on a hot summer day but play in the water!

Evan loves anything that gets him wet!

Austin does too...as long as he's not cold!

Now that's better!

Lindsay was feeling a little left out. I didn't want to get her dressed in her swimsuit. I thought she may not enjoy such cold water. I was hoping she would enjoy sitting in the shade on the back porch with me. She had other plans...

A little closer to the water. Now this is FUN!

Ready to get even closer...

Okay, maybe not that close.

We turned down the water a little so she could actually get close without getting her eyes sprayed out. I think all finished well with the sprinkler!

~~~

July 26, 2009

Today we celebrated Lindsay's Birthday with my side of the family. She is so happy to be the center of attention.

So, this is for me...

Wait...what am I supposed to do with this thing!

Much better with help.

So maybe the cake wasn't such a hit, but the presents were!!


I would say someone enjoyed the party!!

8 comments:

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

Hey! I didn't know you were from Columbia? I'm from Phillipsburg, MO...just a little south from Lebanon...North of Springfield. Very cool! We are moving back to MO in September! Hooooraaayyy! We will be living in Rogersville, just east of Springfield. I miss the green...and not the bugs too. =)
Happy Birthday to Lindsay!

Heather said...

It looks like you've had fun this last month! I love all the pics. Your kids are so dang cute!

Tammy said...

You've been up to a lot, but at least it's been fun!

smasek said...

I can just hear Lindsay screaming with delight! Thanks for the summer update Stacy. Always love getting the scoop on the kids! love you, s

Hafen Crew said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but it looks like you had a lot of fun in MO. Your summer looks like it's been a little crazy and I can't believe your baby is one. She's adorable!

Kari Clark said...

OK, so the picture with ice cream on Lindsay's face is the best, she looked thoroughly annoyed that you were taking that - I love you family. I was fun to see what you've been up to!

southernbelleang said...

I love all of your updates. I will have to check out your blog more often. Your kids are so cute and I love all of the pictures of Lindsay's first year. :)

Kathleen said...

Looks like you've had a full and fun summer. I'm glad you got to experience some of the MO summer too, probably similar to ours, eh? Your kiddos are so cute!
Miss ya,
K