Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Farewell


Okay, so I know there is still a little of summer left but we seem to be finally slowing down. A lot of our activities that kept us busy have ended so I thought I would do a Farewell post to the summer days of 2009!

Farewell to staying up late and seeing monster trucks.

Thanks to the Adams County Fair...and my husband, the kids got to see a Monster Truck Show. Next year we hope to see the Demolition Derby. They absolutely loved it! The next day they went to Kids Day at the Fair but we didn't get any pictures of that.

We knew it would be loud but Nathan forgot the ear plugs in the car.


The boys telling me ALL about the show. They were using their cars to SHOW me what happened as well (I stayed home with Lindsay).

~~~

Farewell to my old entertainment area.
(It won't be missed)

Before any work was done. Well...we moved the old tv armoire.

During...

After!

~~~

Every Wednesday we went to the movie theatre for "Summer Movie Fun." It was a nice way to stay cool during the summer heat.

Farewell to kids movies and popcorn.

The boys waiting for the show to start.

~~~

Farewell to summer softball games!

Nathan on his way to the last softball game of the season.


The cheerleading squad. Go boys, go!

Nathan walking out of the dugout after his last game. They won - notice the smile.

~~~

Evan's T-Ball coach had an end of the season Bar-b-que.

Farewell to summer T-Ball practices and T-Ball games.

Evan and his first trophy!
(Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy - my camera was not working)


Team Picture! It was fun for Evan to be a part of a team sport!


7 comments:

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

Wow! The work in your living room is incredible! Did you guys do that yourselves? Looks great!

shana said...

Sad. We just went to our last free movie today. I think I'll miss those more than Alex will! :) I can't even imagine how much fun your boys had at the monster truck thing. I'm sure if we went to that I would never hear the end of it!!! What a fun summer!!!!

Kari Clark said...

What a great summer! I love the entertainment center - Nate did such an awesome job!

Hafen Crew said...

The new entertainment are is great. I love it! It looks like you guys had a great summer!

Kathleen said...

Looks like you've had lots of fun, and kept busy with home improvements too!

Gedge Mamma said...

You forgot to tell me about the monster truck rally. Looks like the boys thought it was awsome!

The Love Bunch said...

Looks like you guys had a very busy but awesome summer. It is so sad to see it end so quickly.
The built in wall unit looks great! Nice job Nathan.