Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Caution...this could happen:

Okay...so the odds of this happening to your child is probably slim to none but...it happened to mine and I was seriously scared!

Evan went in for his 5 year shots (before kindergarten) and about 24 hours after his shots this is what we saw. The first day it was just a little goose egg bump and then it was the HULK!

This is 2 days after his shots.

Can you tell which arm is bigger? This picture was 3 days after his shots.


Needless to say, it was just a local reaction to the shot. Never happened before...better not ever happen again.

First Day of Kindergarten!

He wanted to wear his Lego Star Wars shirt that his Aunt Julie gave him.

See how he's a head taller than everyone else? I guess I'm glad he's taller rather than shorter!


7 Year Anniversary!


We've been married for 7 years and it seems like so much has happened (probably the fact that we have 3 kids - that seems to change everything). I couldn't imagine being without you! We were meant for each other. We get each other...and I'm so happy to have found you!

For our anniversary we went golfing and then out to eat. Nathan took me to a Par 3 course so it wouldn't be too hard my first time. I actually enjoyed myself...even though a few times my balls were WAY out there. I'm happy to say the last two holes I made it on the green (110 and 120 yard drives). I was so close to actually getting par (only 1 over). Maybe next time...yes, there will be a next time.

We were trying to get a picture with the flag in it...you see that tiny speck waaay back there?


4 comments:

Kari Clark said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun date! I can't believe Evan's arm, holy cow, that would be scary. I'm so glad that you are coming to the girls night, it's going to be a blast!

The Love Bunch said...

Happy Anniversary! I think that you would be so fun to golf with:). You guys are so cute!! Hope that the next seven are even better.
Poor Evan. Sorry to hear that he had such a bad reaction to the shots. Rough start, but I hope that his year improves.

Hafen Crew said...

Happy Anniversary and Way to go on the golfing!!! your kids' pictures are so cute. It's okay if it's a little late. You're a mom of three and that's a little busy. :) I hope Evan has a great year in Kindergarten.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on Seven years! Benjamin had a similar reaction to one of the shots in his leg, I think it was the DTaP, his knee cap got HUGE! I'm glad your "little" kindergartner is doing better, and protected from nasty sick bugs. ;)