Monday, August 2, 2010

Delightful Days of Summer

We have lived in our house for about 3 years now and this was the year that we were really going to focus on our yard. Our house was a foreclosure when we bought it and needless to say, didn't get much attention (especially to the yard) from it's previous owners. Nathan has spent COUNTLESS hours making improvements and I have to say that the yard has been very labor intensive.

I am delighting in the fact that our yard may actually be done this summer!

Thanks to Nathan and all his hard work (here he is taking the forms off to his concrete border he made). Looking good!!

Since I am Enrichment Leader in our ward, I don't do too much on Sunday's so I've been a sub for primary a lot this summer. I taught Evan's class this Sunday again and he never ceases to amaze me! Why did I get blessed with such wonderful kids!


This summer has gone WAY too fast for us. I want it to stay forever! We have enjoyed sleeping in and filling our days with summer fun!

Although we get to swim a lot at the pool, we decided to take a trip to Bear Creek Lake with my friend Lacey and her kids and although the beach wasn't exactly sand (more like dirt), they still enjoyed spending hours in the sun and water.


Austin posing for the camera...no, he is not really drinking lake water.

Evan had fun trying to build a castle. Here he is collecting water to help with the efforts.


Okay...so this might not look so delightful but I enjoyed having my husband home for a little while since he couldn't exactly go to work being able to see out of one eye.

He got stung by a bee. Those dang things... (his nose even swelled up).

I love that Lindsay can be tough with the boys (yes...she does hit and scream) BUT she can also be so girly and cute. Since she has managed to break all of her bracelets and necklaces, she decided to find something else to do the job.

Here she is getting into all my hair rubber-bands and stuff to beautify herself! I love this girl (we couldn't get the camera out fast enough to show that she had hair ties on both arms all the way up to her elbows)!

Julie D. or J I should say...if you are out there I have to tell you that Lindsay looks just like you sometimes. Even my mom mentioned it but it still surprises me sometimes when I look at her and she makes me think of you! haha.

We had a wonderful visit with my sister Sacha and her husband Chris! They came and visited for about a week and it was so nice to spend time with them! Sacha has a little baby girl in the oven too and we are so excited to welcome her to the family!!


We got to celebrate Lindsay's birthday. She is 2 already!!

Tina Loomis made the awesome castle cake and it was definitely the delight of the party!! Thank you Tina for an awesome job!

Family came over and we enjoyed showering Lindsay with fun girl presents. Not that I don't enjoy all the boy stuff the boys get but I guess we can finally enjoy having tutu's and princess stuff around too!

Lindsay loved her cake and blew the candles out just perfectly! I'm so glad that Lindsay gets to be with our family and we can enjoy her sweet and funny personality!!

Nathan's brother and his wife and son came up to visit us and we got to spend the day together. It was nice to just hang out and have fun. We went to the park for a little kickball...




And then, the sprinklers came on! No need to fear, it is was hot day and the kids enjoyed running around in the water!

Walking home soaking wet...

But all in all, I'd say it was delightful!!


7 comments:

Ann said...

what an amazing cake! And your yard is amazing!!!

The Mattinson's said...

We had so much fun hanging out we should do it again soon.

Tammy said...

looks like you have had a fun summer! It's always nice to spend time with family!

Hafen Crew said...

You're such a cute mom. I LOVE that cake.
Looks like you've had such a fun summer with your cute kids...I know why you don't want it to end :)
Poor Nathan...that bee sting looks horrible

The Love Bunch said...

The cake looks great! Congrats on the baby girl, Sacha. Summer is never long enough for us either. Looks like you have hard an amazing summer!

Heather said...

How fun! (Except for Nathan's eye...not fun at all!) Hurry and invite me over so we can enjoy your yard too! Bryce and Lindsay need to be friends...and Caleb is missing Evan. And I miss you!

smasek said...

I am now ready for the FALL overview, please. Interested in Halloween pics and back to school photos. Please please please pretty please......:)

Your loving and patient sister, s