Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Time Fun!

Happy 4th Birthday Austin!
June 1, 2010

Austin turned 4 this year. He is such an active, busy boy but we are so glad to have him in our family! He makes the down-right funniest comments and can really make me smile. I love you Austin!

We got together for Memorial Day and celebrated Austin's Birthday while we were together.

The kids all had fun swimming in grandma and grandpa's hot tub!


I guess boys will be boys. What would you ever do without an older brother to torment you!


Lindsay spent most of her time playing with one of Austin's birthday presents. She loved it!



Lakeside Amusement Park
June 14, 2010

Every year Grandma Lyn takes the kids to Lakeside for a little fun! Here is the group!

I wasn't exactly sure how Lindsay would do but she LOVED the rides!

Evan and Mason going on one of the kiddie rides. I was REALLY impressed with Evan this year. He was tall enough to go on most of the big rides and even went on The Cyclone without mom or dad. He loved it!

Austin loves rides too! He wasn't tall enough for some of the big rides but next year he'll get to go on some. He went on the Matterhorn all by himself and laughed the entire time! That kid never ceases to amaze me!

Water Fun!
Summer wouldn't be summer without a little water. We've been going to the pool and Apex Rec Center and even the spray ground. My kids love the summer sun and water about as much as I do!




Bed Head
I just had to throw these pictures in of Lindsay and her morning bed head. She always wakes up with a rats nest and never likes to get it combed out. I would never cut her hair but sometimes it sure would make things easier!



Trip to Mount Rushmore!
July 8th - 11th, 2010

We headed off to see Mount Rushmore with the boys this last weekend. My mother was nice enough to take Lindsay for us. We took off on Thursday afternoon and stopped in Chadron, NE to visit my dad's parents. Here is a picture of my grandma (4 generation picture).

We left Friday morning from my grandparents house to drive the rest of the way to Mt. Rushmore. This was our first encounter with real wildlife! The boys were very excited...yes, those are Buffalo!

This was also Nathan's first time to Mount Rushmore. We went on a nice Ranger Walk and got all sorts of details about each President on Rushmore.



Back at camp roasting marshmallows for s'mores!


This was the 1st time Austin has ever gone camping!

The next morning we visited Jewel Cave. It was a fun tour (besides the fact that Austin had to go to the bathroom 3o min into the tour - we still had 30 min left). Fortunately, he was unable to pee in the little baggie they gave us and managed to hold it until we got out!


Evan earned a Junior Ranger badge and patch for doing several Ranger tours and activities in a booklet. Good job Evan!!


Cosmos Mystery Area
We visited Cosmos Mystery area while in South Dakota. I have to admit that it really messed with my mind and managed to make my quite queasy but everyone else really enjoyed it! We saw a ball roll up hill and water run up hill as well...ohhhh!

Nathan and the boys in the crazy house where all sorts of weird things happen!

No need to turn your head sideways...we are actually standing straight.

After the Cosmos we went Miniature Golfing. The kids had a blast. We slept another night in our wet tent - of course it had to rain...

No worry though, a quick walk to the laundry room made it a dry and warm night to end out our weekend in Rushmore!


6 comments:

Ann said...

wow! That was a blast from the past...I went to some of those places as a kid. :)

smasek said...

Happiness is seeing updated pictures of you guys! Love it! So glad that you had a great time....love you!!!

Kari Clark said...

I always love the Eaton family updates. What a fun summer you guys are having!

Tammy said...

Looks like you've had a fun summer! What fun memories you are making!

Gedge Mamma said...

Stacy, I love some of the shots you got with your new camera. The one with Lindsay in front of the spray park is awsome. Looks like the Mt Rushmore trip was a hit. I love that whenever there is a family event, our kids are together. I am so glad we are able to live close, so they could be such great friends.

The Love Bunch said...

Yay you updated, well I guess I'm a little late in finding it, but I always like to see what you are up to.
Looks like you are having a fabulous summer. Your kiddos are getting so big and they are just so cute! Those are such great pictures.
I too love my kid's bed heads. I always wonder what they were doing in their sleep to wake up with such crazy hair.
Hope the rest of your summer is just as fun!